Location: Red Deer, Alberta or Winnipeg, Manitoba · Posted on December 20, 2017
PURPOSE and SCOPE
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, this position is responsible to meet the purchasing needs of the organization by efficiently and effectively requesting quotes, negotiating prices, and sourcing and purchasing inventory to meet internal and external demand of our dealers.
- Develop, lead and execute short and long-term purchasing strategies.
- Engage Suppliers in our business by promoting the opportunities with Westward Parts.
- Facilitate, lead, and support all supplier relationships, and periodically conduct supplier capability assessments.
- Effectively negotiate pricing and terms of conditions with suppliers.
- Manage inventory levels across all warehouse locations to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Monitor inventory levels to minimize out of stock situations. Expedite Back orders when they occur.
- Source, develop and maintain close supplier relationships, growing our supplier portfolio, ensuring product portfolio is current by adding new products and deleting the old.
- Forecast market trends to identify changes in industry.
- Establishes shipment schedules, monitors PO status and progress, and contacts suppliers to solve problems.
- Responsible for purchase order processing activities for suppliers as assigned.
- Create and maintain item codes, ensure pricing is up to date across multiple platforms and communicate these with the rest of the organization.
- Maintain electronic database detailing the total cost of acquisition for products and participate in the generation of their on-going pricing structure.
- Coordinate returns and claims for defective product.
- Coordinate returns for slow-moving inventory back to suppliers.
- Prepare miscellaneous reports for management and participate in operations strategy and risk management discussions.
- Other Responsibilities as Required.
Education and Experience
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing or agriculture business environment. Related work experience in a supply chain purchasing environment.
- Demonstrated negotiation experience and strong negotiations skills sets (communication, assertiveness, results-oriented, persuasive)
- Post-secondary education and/or professional designation specializing in purchasing, agriculture or equivalent.
- CPIM designation an asset.
- Certification as a practitioner in purchasing from the Purchasing Management Association of Canada an asset.
Skills and Knowledge
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced environment with constant interruptions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills sets, including cost modeling, indexing, pricing.
- Must be organized with excellent time management skills.
- Computer skills and competence with MS office, as well as general knowledge of internal computer systems.
- Ability to organize and analyze large amounts of data.
- Must be able to travel to different locations and attend to work issues where and when they occur.
- JD Edwards experience is considered an asset.
- Understanding of internal and external factors (cost, pricing, margins, profit impact of decisions), and market dynamics.
- Good understanding of Quality, Inventory and Logistics.
Key Performance Indicators
- Fill Rates
- Back Order Lines
- Back Order Recovery
- Inventory Turns
- Cost Impact
Westward Parts Services Ltd. offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Thank you for your interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- E-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (403) 342-5020
Westward Parts Services Ltd.
6517 - 67 Street
Red Deer, AB T4P 1A3