Customer Service Manager
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba · Posted: December 7, 2017
PURPOSE and SCOPE
This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all stakeholders of Westward Parts Services Ltd. by leading the Customer Service team and ensuring the efficient and productive operation of the Winnipeg warehouse.
Strategic Planning/Business Management:
- As a member of the management team, participate in business planning, forecasting, budgeting and human resources decisions that impact the organization, providing expertise in customer service, inside sales and warehouse operations and contributing recommendations for strategic planning in those areas.
- Ensure scope of responsibilities leverage existing best practices and integrate with MacDon programs and philosophy.
Customer Service Management
- Establish customer service objectives for the operation. Meet overall customer service objectives by forecasting requirements, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions and resolving issues.
- Develop and implement customer service standards and metrics that aim to continuously improve quality and productivity; review and evaluate programs and determine and implement process improvements.
- Lead customer service team in managing customer credit issues and resolving discrepancies with internal stakeholders. Provide coaching to employees in resolving conflict or customer concerns. Enhance the customer experience by providing resources and advice; resolving issues and/or and diagnosing problems.
- Manage the process for warranty issues and returns, collecting data, reviewing trends and identifying areas for improvement.
- Manage the warehouse operations, ensuring overall management and adherence to established policies and procedures.
New Product Development:
- As a member of the new product development team, provide recommendations for introduction of new product lines for the organization.
Human Resources Management:
- Lead and direct a team of staff including, hiring, delegating and scheduling work, managing performance and expectations, making compensation decisions and administering policies and procedures.
- Ensure staff is well trained, provided with the tools required to complete work, and encouraged to develop skills. Train or provide training to team members.
- Actively work on strategies to promote staff engagement and problem solving. Follow through as appropriate to ensure positive outcomes for all stakeholders.
- Complete employment forms for staff, including but not limited to payroll, timesheets, vacation approvals, etc.
- Manage the maintenance, repairs, upgrades and/or renovations to building, lot and branch vehicles at the Winnipeg office in a safe, timely and cost efficient manner.
- Manage building security at the Winnipeg office.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures related to the usage, maintenance and/or security of building and branch vehicles as required.
Health and Safety Management:
- Ensure the safety of all staff in the Winnipeg office through the development, implementation and maintenance of health and safety policies and procedures, including emergency evacuation and response plans, proper training and maintenance of health and safety equipment, and regular health and safety inspections, in accordance with established regulations.
Other Responsibilities as Required
Education and Experience:
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing or agriculture business environment. Related work experience in a customer service environment.
- Post-secondary education and/or professional designation specializing in business, agriculture or equivalent.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to lead and motivate others.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced environment with constant interruptions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Must be organized with excellent time management skills.
- Computer skills and competence with MS office, as well as general knowledge of internal computer systems.
Westward Parts Services Ltd. offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Thank you for your interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- E-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 1-403-342-5020
Westward Parts Services Ltd.
1435 St. James Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H 0W4